Connect with us

Sports

NPFL fines Katsina Utd N9m, orders closed-door matches over crowd violence

Published

on

 

The Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) has fined Katsina United N9 million and ordered the club to play its home matches behind closed doors following disturbances during its Matchday 12 fixture against Barau FC.

In a statement on Sunday, the NPFL said the sanctions followed several breaches of its Framework and Rules, including poor crowd control, harassment of match officials, and actions capable of bringing the league into disrepute.

The Disciplinary Committee said N1 million was imposed for throwing objects onto the pitch, N1 million for failure to control fans, and another N1 million for conduct deemed to have tarnished the image of the league.

The body also fined the club N2 million for failing to provide adequate and effective security during the match.

It said Katsina United would pay an additional N2 million as compensation for persons injured during the incident and another N2 million for damages to Barau FC’s team buses and for detaining match officials and the visiting team after the game.

The NPFL further directed that the club’s subsequent home matches be played at the New Jos Stadium, behind closed doors, pending further review.

It said the decision was taken to safeguard the league, protect players and officials, and reinforce its zero-tolerance stance on violence at match venues.

Katsina United have 48 hours to appeal the ruling.

The Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) has fined Katsina United N9 million and ordered the club to play its home matches behind closed doors following disturbances during its Matchday 12 fixture against Barau FC.

In a statement on Sunday, the NPFL said the sanctions followed several breaches of its Framework and Rules, including poor crowd control, harassment of match officials, and actions capable of bringing the league into disrepute.

The Disciplinary Committee said N1 million was imposed for throwing objects onto the pitch, N1 million for failure to control fans, and another N1 million for conduct deemed to have tarnished the image of the league.

The body also fined the club N2 million for failing to provide adequate and effective security during the match.

It said Katsina United would pay an additional N2 million as compensation for persons injured during the incident and another N2 million for damages to Barau FC’s team buses and for detaining match officials and the visiting team after the game.

The NPFL further directed that the club’s subsequent home matches be played at the New Jos Stadium, behind closed doors, pending further review.

It said the decision was taken to safeguard the league, protect players and officials, and reinforce its zero-tolerance stance on violence at match venues.

Katsina United have 48 hours to appeal the ruling.

About The Author

Sports

NPFL: Barau FC names Tata as interim coach after Bosso steps down 

Published

on

By

NPFL: Barau FC names Tata as interim coach after Bosso steps down
Barau
The club announced the development in a statement issued by its Media Director, Ahmad Hamisu Gwale, on Wednesday in Kano.
According to the statement, Tata, a former assistant coach with the team, will oversee technical and tactical preparations ahead of Barau FC’s Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) Matchday 9 fixture against Kano Pillars, scheduled for Sunday.
“The management of Barau FC has approved the appointment of Coach Rabi’u Tata as interim Technical Adviser of the club with immediate effect.
“This follows the decision of Coach Ladan Bosso to step aside temporarily due to family reasons,” the statement read.
The club expressed appreciation to Bosso for his professionalism and commitment to the team’s development since assuming his role earlier in the season.
It added that Tata would work closely with the existing technical crew to ensure continuity and maintain the team’s momentum in the league campaign.
Barau FC, currently occupying 19 position in the NPFL standings, would play against Kano Pillars this weekend in what promises to be a highly competitive North-West derby.
Fans and supporters have expressed confidence that Tata’s leadership would revive the team’s performance and stability during the interim period.

About The Author

Continue Reading

Sports

NPFL: Barau FC names Tata as interim coach after Bosso steps down

Published

on

By

NPFL: Barau FC names Tata as interim coach after Bosso steps down 
Barau Football Club has appointed Rabi’u Tata as the interim Technical Adviser following stepping down  of Coach Ladan Bosso, who stepped aside to attend to family matters.
The club announced the development in a statement issued by its Media Director, Ahmad Hamisu Gwale, on Wednesday in Kano.
According to the statement, Tata, a former assistant coach with the team, will oversee technical and tactical preparations ahead of Barau FC’s Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) Matchday 9 fixture against Kano Pillars, scheduled for Sunday.
“The management of Barau FC has approved the appointment of Coach Rabi’u Tata as interim Technical Adviser of the club with immediate effect.
“This follows the decision of Coach Ladan Bosso to step aside temporarily due to family reasons,” the statement read.
The club expressed appreciation to Bosso for his professionalism and commitment to the team’s development since assuming his role earlier in the season.
It added that Tata would work closely with the existing technical crew to ensure continuity and maintain the team’s momentum in the league campaign.
Barau FC, currently occupying 19 position in the NPFL standings, would play against Kano Pillars this weekend in what promises to be a highly competitive North-West derby.
Fans and supporters have expressed confidence that Tata’s leadership would revive the team’s performance and stability during the interim period.

About The Author

Continue Reading

Sports

NPFL Fines Kano Pillars ₦9.5m, Deducts 3 Points Over Stadium Violence

Published

on

By

The Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) has imposed severe sanctions on Kano Pillars Football Club for multiple breaches of league rules during their Match Day 8 fixture against Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) on Sunday, Oct. 12, 2025, at the Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano.
In a disciplinary notice issued by the NPFL on Monday, the league body said the club violated several provisions of its Framework and Rules, including failures in match security, crowd control, and the conduct of supporters.
According to the NPFL, the club was found guilty of breaching Rules B13.52, C9, B13.18, C1.1, and C11, following the violent incidents that marred the 1–1 draw between both sides.
The statement said Kano Pillars failed to provide adequate and effective security, allowed unauthorized persons access to restricted areas, and failed to control their supporters who harassed away team players and match officials.
It added that the club’s supporters also threw dangerous objects onto the pitch and assaulted Shooting Stars players and match officials—acts described as conduct “capable of bringing the game to disrepute.”
Consequently, the NPFL imposed a total fine of ₦9.5 million on Kano Pillars and ordered the deduction of three points and three goals from their accrued points for the season.

About The Author

Continue Reading

Trending